Minggu, 12 Juni 2011

[News] Brian Joo concludes his album promotions and talks about Kim Hyun Joong

Credit: allkpop.com

Two months ago, ex-Fly to the Sky member, and now solo-singer, Brian Joo made his return to the K-pop industry for the first time in a year with his mini-album, “Unveiled“. The singer officially concluded his comeback promotions on the June 10th episode of KBS’s “Music Bank” and an interview with TV Daily.

Brian began, “I wanted to promote for a longer time, but I wasn’t able to perform a lot on music programs for a variety of different reasons. It’s both disappointing and refreshing. What’s most sad is that, as an artist, I wasn’t able to show different sides to fans with my music. But I still think good things will come. I hope that people will wait for and anticipate my next comeback.”
He continued, “I have also been cast in a musical in mid-August. Since I can’t work as both a musical artist and singer at the same time, after my musical ends, I am planning to release my next single.”



When asked how he felt ranking 19th in the States, 7th in Canada, and 5th in Japan on the R&B/Solo charts, he replied, “I never thought I’d enter and achieve such high rankings on the charts. I’ll be going on an American showcase tour soon, so I hope to return with more great achievements. I’m going to the States to find a road for me to walk on. I want to find what I can show to the public in the future.”
On the topic of fellow singer Kim Hyun Joong, who recently made his own solo debut with “Break Down“, Brian stated, “I was overcome with an unexplainable feeling when I saw him perform solo, since I’m used to him working in a group. I expected him to go on stage with his other members, so it felt a bit awkward seeing him alone. Still, his performance was excellent. His song is great and his choreography is also powerful.”
He continued, “I once MC’d on a music program with him but we’ve since gone our separate paths and forgot to keep in touch. It was nice seeing him again, and we promised to keep in touch and see each other more often.”
Kim Hyun Joong also left words of encouragement for Brian’s American showcase tour. Immediately after his “Break Down” comeback, he told Brian, “Hyung, be careful and return safely.”
Brian will be kicking off his showcase tour in Seattle on June 17th.